As part of the airspace change process we consult with airspace users and environmental stakeholders who might be affected.
Keeping in touch with those on the ground
Under our licence from the Civil Aviation Authority we are required to make sure the UK airspace system operates safely and efficiently. With that in mind we conduct a rolling programme of airspace development, ensuring the system can cope effectively with growing air traffic.
We follow the airspace change process set out in the CAA Safety and Airspace Regulation Group (SARG) Airspace Charter. As part of this process we consult with both airspace users and environmental stakeholders who might be affected by the proposed changes. These environmental consultations are normally only carried out when airspace changes are below 7,000ft, but there are exceptions over Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONBs) and National Parks.
You can read some of our recent consultation documents below.
- SAIP AD3 – UK-Jersey Interface (aviation stakeholders)
- SAIP AD4 – UK-Dutch Interface (aviation stakeholders)
- FASI North, Scottish Terminal Manoeuvring Area
- Future Airspace Strategy Implementation South – ATS Route Network managed by NERL under London Airspace Management Programme 2: ‘LAMP 2 FASI(S) Network’
- Proposed introduction of Class C airspace in the vicinity of the Portsmouth and Southern CTAs
- Consultation on revised ATS route structure over the Irish Sea
- Proposed change to the Belfast TMA from Class E to Class D
- NATS LAMP South Coast Proposal
- Ekofisk & Balder CTAs: North Sea Class D
- NATS Departure Route Proposal at London Stansted Airport
- PC Route Free Airspace
- London Airspace Consultation (External website)
- Class C Stubs ACP
- London CTR: Reclassification
- Airway N601: Revision to Controlling Authority
- Severn Region: Proposal for Additional Controlled Airspace (Bristol and Cardiff area)
- Reclassification of Class D airspace within the Manchester CTR to Class G
- Greater Wash Transponder Mandatory Zones
- Irish Sea – Airspace Change Consultation
- South East England Transition Altitude Harmonisation and the Re-designation of Daventry Class C Airspace
- London 2012 Olympics – Temporary Controlled Airspace Consultation
- Midlands Region Transition Altitude Harmonisation and Redefinition of the Daventry CTA (PDF document)
- Glasgow CTA – Reclassification of the Glasgow Control Area from Class E to Class D