Before you can apply you must ensure you meet all necessary eligibility criteria.

You must be 18 or over to apply. There is no maximum age limit.

Legally, you need to be eligible to work in the UK. If you are unsure if you are eligible, check this Home Office guidance.

You must have at least five GCSEs or equivalent at Grade 4 or above (previously A-C) or Scottish National 5’s Grade A-C or equivalent, including English and Maths.

As well as having a good level of physical and mental fitness, you must satisfy the basic medical requirements set down by the Civil Aviation Authority for a European Union Class 3 medical certificate.

The CAA website provides details on Class 3 medical standards.

The role of an Air Traffic Controller is a mobile grade, which means you will be required to work anywhere in the UK.

Due to the safety critical nature of an Air Traffic Controller’s job, we have a strict policy regarding the level of consumption of alcohol and a zero tolerance to the use of ‘recreational’ drugs.


Please start typing and we will search our website for you.

Search Results